Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tevye's Dream: The Jewish Thriller

Twitter is like the best cocktail party you've ever been to. All the cool kids are there, and we're invited too. While I get in (meaning listen in on) lots of fascinating discussions (really), mostly I live for comments like this....

jimmiebjrjimmiebjr: The "Mazel Tov" dream song from Fiddler is like the Russian Jewish version of Thriller.






Maybe it isn't deep, but it's true. And that counts for something. I couldn't find a Thriller video I could include in the post, but you can catch it at YouTube. Here's the scene from Fiddler.

Fiddler on the roof - Tevye´s Dream



I mean, really. Will you ever watch Fiddler in quite the same way again? Thanks Jimmiebjr.

3 comments:

TX972 said...

That was amazing!
... and with your posting about Twitter, you must be there too, Jack. Any hints on how to find you there?

TX972 said...

Oops, I never saw the "Follow Me on Twitter" link on the left side of your blog page. For having nearly 20/20 vision, the power of my non-observation startles me. Sorry about that!

Jack said...

No problem. I should move that link up a bit higher and make it more visible. I'll get right on it.