Sunday, April 6, 2008

60 for 60: Happy Birthday Israel

60 for 60 Concert Logo So Israel's turning 60 soon and there will be a bunch of parties to show for it. Two of them are going by the name 60460. The first is an online party which will include 60 bloggers (including yours truly) writing happy birthday notes. These notes will be posted on our own sites and at 60Bloggers.com and will start this Wednesday. I'll be writing mine late this week for posting on April 18th, Erev Passover. I'll be writing about everything I've learned to love about Israeli music over the last couple of years. I'd love some help, though. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think makes Israeli music special.

The second party is Craig Taubman's 60460 Let My People Sing. From Sunday May 4th through Sunday May 11th, Let My People Sing will bring 60 hours of non-stop festivities to the city of Los Angeles in honor of Israel’s 60th anniversary. If you'll be in the area, check out the party schedule. Even if you're not, you should check out the snazzy 60460 promo video. Now if I can only convince my brothers that going to Friday Night Live with Craig Taubman, Hadag Nachash, and Jacob Dayan, Israel's Consul General in Los Angeles, would be the perfect event for a bachelor party.

No comments: