Friday, August 13, 2010

Danny Kaye and Harry Belefonte sing Hava Nagila

Shabbat Shalom everyone.

Fine. Groan if you want. But I've found yet another great version of Hava Nagila in the history dumpster that is YouTube. This time it's my fav's Danny Kaye & Harry Belafonte singing (and doing some very strange neck dancing) on a 1960's TV show. Danny goes very flat at the end and gets teased by Harry. This is Must See TV.



I got a request for some contemporary and celebratory versions of the old warhorse. So don't be surprised if I play a few more this week. If you've got a favorite contemporary recording, let me know!

Hat tip to youtube user bellecourse for posting the video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. It's so uplifting and in the spirit of the song - joy and celebration. I also love both Harry and Danny as entertainers, have since a small child.