Friday, August 6, 2010

Julie Geller - From a narrow place I called to you

Shabbat shalom everyone. July was a long month. Sorry for going AWOL. My day job and some family adventures took their toll. (Hey. I had my car engine explode on way to the Chicago Jewish Music Festival. Cut me some slack). I really need Shabbat tonight.

It's been a while, but here's great 'get in the Shabbat groove' track. It's courtesy of Julie Geller, a Denver based folk and Jewish signer/songwriter and is off her new album "You're With Me." I dig the album clips I've heard. A contemporary folk / light rock sound, but with some stylish arrangements and a strong lyrical voice. At times she reminds me of Austin-based country songstress Nanci Griffith and at other times college folk darling Dar Williams. Both high compliments. And when she kicks into her Jewish tracks I swoon. Seriously. Love it.



You can here the clips from the album tracks here..


Press kits




Quantcast

No comments: