Monday, June 9, 2008

Klezmer Kamp 2007 goes online

In the movie version of my life, I'm played by someone a lot better looking, wear much more stylish clothes, and am seen at all the cool parties. There are a lot of Jewish music parties I'd like to be seen at this year. I've already missed Hanashira, the Jewish Songleaders Workshop, Shalshelet - International Festival of New Jewish Liturgical Music is later this week, the summer Jewish Music festival season is in full swing, and setting the way-back machine to December, I've missed KlezKamp.

Someday I'll get there, but for now I'll make do with the great set of the 2007 Klez Kamp videos that have been posting to YouTube. There are well over a dozen, including the Mandolin Orchestra (see below), Carpathian Jewish Wedding music, dance performances, a Youth Orchestra, an "Electric Klezmer" group, and traditional ensembles. Check 'em out.

KlezKamp 2007 - Mandolin Orchestra

No comments: