Monday, June 2, 2008

Manguina's Ot Azoï on Jamendo

I got an email from my friend Daniel today pointing me to this cool "acoustic flamenco klezmer" album. He found it on the great music blog "Free Albums Galore," which tracks albums made freely available for download by their artists. According to Marvin, the author of the blog post,
"Manguina is an impressive ensemble of musicians specializing in primarily Jewish traditional folk music . I say “primarily” because other world musics tend to blend in occasionally, including Flamenco and other European traditional styles. The thirteen tracks offer both instrumentals and vocals but I find the instrumentals, such as the opening “Dettmar’s freilac” and the title tune to be the most exhilarating. Of the vocal tracks, I really like “Kholem et airs russes” which sounds quite Middle Eastern to me. If you are looking for that Flamenco influence, try “Yo m’enamori d’un aire” or “Cuando el rey Nimrod”. This is an exceptional traditional music album"

Manguina is distributing Ot Azoï via the music download service Jamendo. This is the first time I've run across Jamendo and I'm impressed. A lot of good music and a nice set of tools, including the music player below, for making my life easier.

No comments: