Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Shondes Need You!

Speaking of Jewish women with voices, my favorite Jewish queer radical politics punk band, The Shondes needs help. They've got to get to SXSW in a couple of weeks and their van was stolen. For a young band that's a really bad thing. No van. No go.

So they've started a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a new (to them) van to get them on the road to SXSW and beyond. I've put my $$ down. How about you? Even $5 would help. Think of it as gas money for some really great folks.

Donate via Kickstarter.

Here's one of my favorite Shondes tracks, off their first album The Red Sea and the "trailer" for their latest album, "My Dear One." The trailer is a great chance to get to know them. UPDATE: The Shondes have put together a video explaining their situation.



No comments: