Friday, July 1, 2011

Ofra Haza & Jonathon Elias' The Prayer Cycle'

Shabbat Shalom everyone.

This isn't exactly a 'get into the Shabbat grove' video, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I recently ran across an Ofra Haza track that I'd never heard. The track is called 'Forgiveness' and comes from composer Jonathon Elias composition / album "The Prayer Cycle." In this song-cycle, Elias explores faith through music and invited a wide range of top-flight vocalists to sing in a wide variety of languages. Haza's Forgiveness track is the Hebrew language offering. She sings with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, who is singing in Urdu.

Forgiveness



I nabbed the album from eMusic and found the entire composition quite moving. It's also available through Amazon. Enjoy.

Hat tip to YouTube user SuperShims for posting the video.

1 comment:

xlpharmacy said...

What a beautiful song and video as well, thanks for posting this one.