Friday, July 31, 2009

Yitzchak Halevi sings Rabbis Sons "Harachamon "

Shabbat shalom everyone,

I've had a busy, and a bit stressful, week so I'm very ready for Shabbat. For this week's "get in the shabbat grove" video, I've got Yitzchak Halevi sings Harachamon, by The Rabbis Sons.

Harachamon - Rabbi Sons performed by Yitzchak Halevi


Here's a quick bio on Halevi...

"I am a musical artist, guitar player, Rabbi. CEO, proud parent, happily married for close to 15-years. I have had the fortune to play with some of the top musicians in the world. In my early high school days in Massapequa, I played with Brian Setzer, Lee Rocker, Jim Phantom. In my later high school days in Bayside Queens, I played with Scott Ian, Dan Lilker, Greg Wall ie Anthrax. Post HS I shared a studio and or played with the Plasmatics. Simon Towsend, The Ramones, Steve Missel (Billy Idol) Jennifer Paige, Dory Harltly Rocky Horror fame. Since I have become Shomer Shabbos I played with Shlomo Carlebach, DYB, Rabbis Sons, Sam Ash, and everyone else in the frum music scene. I have recorded 4 solo CD's to date."

The Rabbis Sons were an influential Jewish folk liturgical music group in the late 60's and 70's. You can hear clips from their albums at Mostly Music.

No comments: