Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sarit Hadad - Israeli singer & Mountain Jew

Zeitgeist is a funny thing. Yesterday I posted about the music of the Mountain Jews from the Caucuses. I've had it on my to do list for months and finally got around to it (I'm very distractable). After I post it, I go and catch up on my mailing lists and there is an email from Eva, one of the Klezmershack gang, pointing to this great video on YouTube. The video..Sarit Hadad. Israeli Mountain Jew. The internet is just like that sometimes. Hadad is a popular Israeli performer with a slew of records to her credit and who represented Israel's the 2002 Eurovision contest. You can find out more about her, and buy her albums, through her website and Myspace page.

Sarit Hadad - Inta Omri


Update: The original video I posted got yanked from YouTube. The one up there is a perfectly fine replacement, though not the one recommended by Eva.

Hat tip to YouTube user djelina for posting the video.

2 comments:

Hines said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hines said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.