Saturday, December 29, 2007

They Tried to Kill Us, We Survived, Let's Eat

This is a great year to be a music fan. Here I am, cozy in my warm house in on the cold North Coast, and thanks to YouTube I get to see shows in Brooklyn, San Francisco or Tel Aviv. Of course, I only get to seem the in 7 minute increments.

But how else would I get to see moments like this one... The Leevees and Good for the Jews, playing GftJ's "They Tried to Kill Us, We Survived, Let's Eat" at The Highline Ballroom 'Putting the Ha! Back in Hanukkah' show on December 23rd, 2007. This is about the funniest thing I've heard all year. An instant classic. My wife is going to make me break out my guitar and learn it so we can play it for our family at Passover this year. After you listen to it, email a link to this post to your friends, family, synagogue choir director, and all members of the media. This one needs to get added to the Great American Jewish Songbook.

Update: I wasn't kidding. The link to this post is: http://teruah-jewishmusic.blogspot.com/2007/12/they-tried-to-kill-us-we-survived-lets.html

This one is worth sharing.

They Tried to Kill Us, We Survived, Let's Eat


Hat Tip to Matt28 for posting the video.

No comments: