Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wiggles + Shalom Aleichem = Pope John Paul II?

This is one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

I turned the TV on this morning so that my 3 year old could watch a few minutes of TV while she munched on her cereal. (This is probably a terrible habit, but oh well). Today's show of choice..The Wiggles. And what are the technicolor quartet doing? Singing 'Shalom Aleichem,' on a beach with their dancers dressed in something vaguely resembling Israeli peasant costumes (actually looking more Greek than Israeli). So, I ran to the computer to see if someone had clipped it and and posted it to YouTube.

No such luck, but I found this instead. A tribute to Catholic Pope John Paul II, using the Wiggles recording as background music. This is just wrong on so many levels.

Giovanni Paolo II


The video was posted by "neoagostino" from the St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology who, I'm sure, was being totally earnest when picking the music. It's still weird.

No comments: