Monday, January 28, 2008

Apple laptop video showcases Israeli Singer Yael Naim

Israeli pop singer Yael Naim got a big break recently when Apple decided to use her song 'New Soul' in the commercial for their new laptop. According to her bio Naim grew up in Ramat Hacharon near Tel Aviv and "blessed with an unsettlingly pure voice and an incredible agility at composition, the Israeli singer with her jet-black hair fumbled a long time before succeeding with this collection of ballads that meander through folk and pop, with an elegiac frugality and multi-coloured fantasy" (I'm addicted to biography puffery. It's such a demented form of poetry.)

Anyway, here's the Apple commercial and Naim's video. (And no, I don't own a Mac. And yes, I do think I would be cooler if I did. Even though I wouldn't. Be cooler, that is.)

Macbook Air Ad


yael naim new soul clip

Hat tip to YouTube user totoutardnet for posting the New Soul video, YouTube user michaelstockamore for posting the Macbook ad, and to Yacov Chodosh for tipping me off to this in the first place by emailing the Hava Nashira mailing list. Thanks folks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

delightful! Yael's video, I mean. Although I'm an Apple afficionado,
too.

Anonymous said...

Even PC folks think Yael Naim is delightful.

Jack said...

;)

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you!I will thank for your stopping by,you can only take one minutes to hear what I say. I want to share you with the surprise.We are specialized in producing laptop batteries, like acer aspire oneacer aspire 3200acer travelmate 2200,,acer aspire 4310acer aspire 3100acer travelmate 4200Dell Inspiron 6400Dell Inspiron E1505Dell Latitude D620Latitude D600Compaq EVO N800Compaq Presario 900HP Compaq NC6000HP Compaq NX9010Compaq Presario C700Compaq Presario M2000Compaq B1900Dell Latitude CPIDell M65hp f2019ahp f1739ahp pavilion dv1000hp omnibook 6000hp Business Notebook 6510bAsus EEE PC 701Asus A2Asus A3000acer aspire 5500Dell B120 and so on, have high quality and reasonable price, if you need, you can just try, Hope you will like it. Thank you very much!