Monday, January 28, 2008

Apple laptop video showcases Israeli Singer Yael Naim

Israeli pop singer Yael Naim got a big break recently when Apple decided to use her song 'New Soul' in the commercial for their new laptop. According to her bio Naim grew up in Ramat Hacharon near Tel Aviv and "blessed with an unsettlingly pure voice and an incredible agility at composition, the Israeli singer with her jet-black hair fumbled a long time before succeeding with this collection of ballads that meander through folk and pop, with an elegiac frugality and multi-coloured fantasy" (I'm addicted to biography puffery. It's such a demented form of poetry.)

Anyway, here's the Apple commercial and Naim's video. (And no, I don't own a Mac. And yes, I do think I would be cooler if I did. Even though I wouldn't. Be cooler, that is.)

Macbook Air Ad


yael naim new soul clip

Hat tip to YouTube user totoutardnet for posting the New Soul video, YouTube user michaelstockamore for posting the Macbook ad, and to Yacov Chodosh for tipping me off to this in the first place by emailing the Hava Nashira mailing list. Thanks folks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

delightful! Yael's video, I mean. Although I'm an Apple afficionado,
too.

Anonymous said...

Even PC folks think Yael Naim is delightful.

Jack said...

;)