Thursday, January 3, 2008

Good for the Jews: George Robinson interviews Rob Tannenbaum

Just a quick blip this morning. Blog in Dm posted a link to a Jewish Week interview with Rob Tannenbaum of the the comic Jewish pop band "Good for the Jews". It's a good interview. Here's my favorite bit..
"“As a college-educated Reform Jew, I understand that some people may feel I’m not entitled to speak on some subjects,” Tannenbaum says. “The Jewish people are not monolithic and I’ve had dialogues with people after our shows who have misgivings about the material.”
Fagin, who is also the lead singer, guitarist and songwriter for the Rosenbergs, a highly acclaimed power pop band, agrees, saying that you cannot please everybody. But he notes, “We’re rabbi-endorsed. We had a board member of a Jewish organization who complained about our material and his rabbi told him that he loves us because ‘if you can’t laugh at your own plight, what have you got? It’s healing.”"
If you haven't already, go check out my post about their song "They tried to kill us, we survived, lets eat." It's the funniest thing I've heard all year. I've been exchanging some email with Rob about the song. He sent me the lyrics and will hopefully send me the chords soon.

Jack

No comments: